Thanks to the Twitch Alerts plugin, you can configure MEE6 to send a message into your server whenever a streamer on Twitch goes live.
Step 1: Enable Twitch Alerts Plugin
- Go to https://mee6.xyz/dashboard
- If needed, log in with your Discord account
- Go to Social Alerts > Twitch Alerts
- A pop-up will appear: "Do you want to enable this plugin?"
- Select Yes
Step 2: Connect Your Twitch Account
- Press the "Connect your Twitch account" button
- In the pop-up log into your Twitch account
If you've done it at least once, it won't be asked again.
Step 3: Announcement Configuration
- Search for the Twitch channel/streamer you want to add
- Edit the announcement notification MEE6 posts to your Discord server
- Select the Discord channel where MEE6 should post the live notification
- Press the "Save & Close" button
By default, the announcement message mentions @everyone. You can change it to whatever you need.
Step 4: You're All Set!
From now on, you will receive a message in your Discord server every time any of subscribed Twitch channels goes live!
You can also edit or delete any Twitch channel subscription right from the Twitch Alerts plugin configuration homepage.
— How can I give a streaming live role?
You may have want to give streamers more attention when they go live. This is great if you have multiple streamers in your discord community or you want to hoist the role higher on the side of your listed online Discord member list.
- Simply enable the option at the bottom of the Twitch plugin page.
- Select a the Discord role that the streamer will get. Consider having the role name as "Live Now!" or "Streaming"
- Then, you can restrict who can obtain this role auto role based if the user has already an existing role. This may be important especially if you have other discord members who do stream, they also may get this role and you may only want it for one or a few specific streamers for the purpose of your community.
- Then you are all set! Whenever a streamer goes live, they will obtain a role automatically and you can use the role to hoist them to the top of the member list or for pings.
— How soon will the MEE6 bot make an announcement after a channel goes live?
MEE6 will announcement within a couple minutes of the Twitch channel going live.
— What do I do if I am getting duplicate announcements for a Twitch streamer?
If you are getting more than one message when someone goes live, you may have added the streamer twice in the dashboard. Review your list of streamers and remove the duplicate.
— How do I disable discord announcements for a Twitch streamer?
In the Twitch plugin, to the right of the streamer/channel name there will be a 3-dots button, press on it and you will see a red trash icon button that says Delete. A pop-up will ask for confirmation — select Yes.
— How do I disable all Twitch alerts?
- Go to the dashboard and select Twitch Alerts
- Interact with the blue “Active” switcher in the top right corner.
If you have any issues with the plugin, do not hesitate to join our support server ✌️